Men are likely to face a typical problem with their prostate, a small male gland located between the bowel and the bladder, once they are above the age of forty. A major problem arises when this gland enlarges and pressurizes the urethra through which the urine is passed.
The dribbling, incontinence, burning sensation and the necessity to get up in the night frequently for urinating associated with the condition can cause extreme irritation and annoyance.
The prostate produces specific proteins and a blood test for PSA (prostate specific antigen) that shows high levels, indicates an enlargement. It is necessary to establish whether the enlarged prostate is cancerous or benign in nature. An enlarged prostate can also be felt easily during a physical or ultrasonic rectal examination.
The exact cause of prostate cancer is not known but genetic predispositions and a fat rich diet are suspected to be the cause behind it. However, it is known that the male hormone testosterone stimulates the growth of the prostate and the cancer cells that it might be containing.
On diagnosis prostate cancer is classified into stages depending upon the extent of the spread. Initially it metastasizes to lymph glands and later to the other parts of the body, especially to bones, lungs, liver or bladder.
Being careful about prostate health even before you turn forty can help you in taking certain preventive measures. Though an enlarged prostate does not necessarily mean prostate cancer, the fear of a cancerous prostate hangs like the legendary sword of Damocles.
Recent studies have shown that despite poor prognostic profiles, South Asian men have a better chance of survival from prostate cancer than white men. This is indicative of the benefits of a particular lifestyle that is conducive for preventing, controlling and avoiding prostate cancer.
Although a diet rich in lycopene and selenium along with herbs for prostate enlargement like saw palmetto are part of an effective treatment of prostate cancer, the role played by vitamins cannot be denied.
* Vitamin E acts as a catalyst for lycopene. It activates its properties of combating cancer. Vitamin E is fat-soluble vitamin that is essential for normal reproduction and an important antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals in the body.
* Vitamin D specifically targets cancers that are not caused by testosterone. While avoiding overexposure to heat, ensure that you get exposure to sunlight for at least 20 minutes every day.
* Make sure that you eat as much of green leafy vegetables and yellow and orange fruits that are rich in beta-carotene. The beta-carotene works in tandem with Vitamin D to counterbalance the low tissue level of lycopene and restrict the rapid multiplication of cancer cells.
Staying fit and active is the best proactive natural remedy to avoid prostate medicine. The body’s own defenses are better equipped to fight even incurable diseases. A fat free diet, an active lifestyle with adequate quantities of vitamins and minerals go a long way to strengthen the immune system.
- About Us
- Anti-Aging Breakthrough
- Business Opportunity - Start Today
- Index to Articles
- Take The Plunge
- What is Oxidate Stress
- What is the Flu?
- Bee Propolis
- Forever Living Top Ten Products
- Four Fabulous New Products
- The Five Tibetan Rites
- My Simple Skin Care Routine
- Introducing Native Remedies
- It's Mind Over Matter
- Product Brochures & Catalogs
- Tips on Surviving Cancer
- Patrick Quillin - Beating Cancer With Nutrition
- Ten Tips for Starting a Walking Program
- Prevention Awareness for Weekend Warriors
- You Can Handle Anything with Health-Esteem
- Introducing Pet Alive
- Traditional Healing Meets Modern Science
- Crave-Rx Drops™ Testimonials
- Why We Use Organic, Cold Pressed Oil
- From Stress to Bliss
- Pregnancy & Massage
- Which Diet Is Best – an Alkaline Diet or an Acidic Diet?
- Pregnancy The Third Trimester
- Grapefruit Diet - An Overview
- Herbal Dietary Supplements - Preparation and Usage
- Immune system remedies - fight low immunity naturally
- Treating Prostate Cancer with Vitamins and Minerals
- Herbal Medicine For Prostate - A Better Alternative Treatment
- Homeopathic Remedies For Prostate Enlargement
- Child Depression – Obesity: The Connection
- What is High Blood Pressure?
- Choose Your Sale !
- The Atkins Diet Theory
- Blood Pressure
- How To Do A Self Abhyanga
- Tips for Deciding on a Balanced Diet
- Useful Positive Attitude Tips
- CAUSES OF TEEN DEPRESSION
- Forever Living Products - About Us
- How to do a self abhyanga
- Oil Pulling and Oral Health