After the age of 30, the prostate cells in men start multiplying resulting in the gradual growth of the prostate gland in men. The reason behind the rapid multiplication of the cells is the conversion of one hormone into another more powerful hormone as age advances.
An improper and ‘bad for prostate’ diet causes the deficiency of certain elements and the consequences of the deficiency are unrestricted growth of the gland. For example, zinc can help in curbing the conversion of the hormones, thereby controlling the multiplication of the prostate cells. If your diet does not contain food that can supplement zinc in the body, your prostate may start giving you trouble sooner rather than later.
The industrial age has brought about a paradigm shift in man’s diet. From a natural plant based diet and meat products, man has shifted to oily and fried foods that contain complex carbohydrates. In fact, the major cause of most of human ailments is diet – a diet that is either insufficient or one that has an excess of harmful substances like additives and preservatives.
Along with a prostate friendly diet, herbs for limiting prostate enlargement have always been an important part of controlling and treating prostate conditions.
- Saw palmetto is one of the herbs that have been added to the US pharmacopeia as an effective remedy for numerous diseases including BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia), a non-malignant enlargement of the prostate gland. The herb is derived from the berries of the dwarfish plant originated in America. Studies have revealed that men who take saw palmetto show a marked improvement in the symptoms caused by an enlarged prostate gland. Saw palmetto berries were once a staple diet of natives of America. Now saw palmetto is available in the form of teas, dried berries, capsules, tinctures and sterol extracts.
- Tea made from pygeum, an evergreen African plant commonly known as African prune, has been in use for ages to manage urinary symptoms of an enlarged prostate gland, like a slow stream, pain on urination and dribbling. The bark of the pygeum plant has been studied by scientists and has been found to be rich in beta-sito-sterol, a 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor. Studies conducted in Germany and France purport an improvement in prostate related symptoms ranging from 38 to 66%.
- Another herb from Africa comes from the African star grass (Hypoxis rooperi), which contains the same enzyme inhibitor as that of pygeum.
- Nettle root (Urtica dioica) is a European herb that contains sterols that offer relief from urinary problems.
- One of the surprising remedies that may form a part of herbal or diet solutions for enlarged prostate glands is pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin seeds are rich in zinc, an element essential for blocking conversion of prostate related hormones.
An enlarged prostate brings along with it symptoms that can be extremely uncomfortable in men. They can create multiple urinary problems that may become difficult to cope with advancing age. The prostate is one of the important organs and men should not ignore any prostate related problems.
A laxity in taking your prostate may result in a life long treatment, forcing you to take prostate medicine all your life.
- About Us
- Business Opportunity - Start Today
- Index to Articles
- What is Oxidate Stress
- What is the Flu?
- Bee Propolis
- Four Fabulous New Products
- The Five Tibetan Rites
- My Simple Skin Care Routine
- Introducing Native Remedies
- It's Mind Over Matter
- Product Brochures & Catalogs
- Tips on Surviving Cancer
- Patrick Quillin - Beating Cancer With Nutrition
- Ten Tips for Starting a Walking Program
- Prevention Awareness for Weekend Warriors
- You Can Handle Anything with Health-Esteem
- Introducing Pet Alive
- Traditional Healing Meets Modern Science
- Crave-Rx Drops™ Testimonials
- Why We Use Organic, Cold Pressed Oil
- From Stress to Bliss
- Pregnancy & Massage
- Which Diet Is Best – an Alkaline Diet or an Acidic Diet?
- Pregnancy The Third Trimester
- Grapefruit Diet - An Overview
- Herbal Dietary Supplements - Preparation and Usage
- Immune system remedies - fight low immunity naturally
- Treating Prostate Cancer with Vitamins and Minerals
- Herbal Medicine For Prostate - A Better Alternative Treatment
- Homeopathic Remedies For Prostate Enlargement
- Child Depression – Obesity: The Connection
- What is High Blood Pressure?
- Choose Your Sale !
- The Atkins Diet Theory
- Blood Pressure
- How To Do A Self Abhyanga
- Tips for Deciding on a Balanced Diet
- Useful Positive Attitude Tips
- CAUSES OF TEEN DEPRESSION
- Forever Living Products - About Us
- How to do a self abhyanga
- Oil Pulling and Oral Health
- Surplus Equipment
- Nutrition & Dietary Supplements
- Ant-Aging Products
- Herbal Supplements
- Bee Products
- Organic Cold Pressed Oils
- Weight Management
- Sexual Health
- Natural Remedies
- Women's Health
- Men's Health
- Mothers & Babies
- Sports Nutrition & Body Building
- Child Health
- Massage & Spa Treatments
- Skin Care
- Pet Health Products
- Personal Care
- Hair Care
- Combo Paks
- Health & Beauty Equipment
- Gift Ideas
- Forever Living Top Ten Products