By Tess Thompson
common meeting point of various theories is that emotions cause a noticeable
physical change in the body. These physical changes can be perceived as body
sensations. For example, fear causes an increase in heartbeat and happiness induces
an expansive feeling in the chest and a feeling of lightness. Your attitude
towards life events and cognitive abilities largely determines your response
and feeling. A positive mental attitude is a very good insurance against temperamental mood swings and can ensure good physical and emotional health.
A negative approach to life leads to depletion of energy. This reduces overall energy and makes you feel depressed and inactive. Positivity, on the other hand, energizes and motivates. You can help yourself to attain a positive mental attitude. This can ultimately affect your performance at work, give you overall happiness and give you a better temperament.
Idling unless you are resting with a purpose can lead to negative thoughts. There is an old saying that ‘an empty mind is a devil’s workshop’. Keep busy with physical and mental activities and rest only when you need to. While resting, try to connect with your spirituality. Inner peace comes easily with faith and ultimately leads to positive thoughts.
Writing down your thoughts is also a good idea. Make a list and then sift through it later. Try and rewrite all negative thoughts in a positive manner till it becomes a habit. Avoid using no, don’t, and cannot as much as you can. Be rewriting your negative thoughts, you will actually train your mind to think more positively.
Love transforms us all. The habit of showing love and expressing it has been lost in the rat race. Absence of love is one of the basic causes of depression, anxiety and anger. Love others unconditionally and allow yourself to be loved.
Nothing elevates mood better than laughter. Watch comedy shows regularly or simply act silly to make yourself laugh. Join a laughter club. It is good breathing and facial exercise too and helps to elevate spirits.
Lack of proper communication often leads to bad blood, even among friends. Make sure that you do not make statements frivolously without thinking of the impact it may have on the other person. Avoid caustic remarks.
Carrying emotional baggage is sure to make you retain negativity. Forget and forgive is the best way to move forward in life. The past has happened and gone forever. Focus on the present and the goodness that lies within you.
Help others and you will find that it gives rise to a lot of positive thoughts. Help a blind man cross the road and see the amount of happiness it gives you.
If you find your thoughts wandering try to change the environment and go for a walk or meet friend. Wandering thoughts are more likely to focus on the negative. Changing the environment lets you divert your attention to better and positive things.
Related Products:Mind Soothe
- About Us
- Business Opportunity - Start Today
- Index to Articles
- What is the Flu?
- Bee Propolis
- Four Fabulous New Products
- The Five Tibetan Rites
- My Simple Skin Care Routine
- It's Mind Over Matter
- Product Brochures & Catalogs
- Tips on Surviving Cancer
- Patrick Quillin - Beating Cancer With Nutrition
- Ten Tips for Starting a Walking Program
- Prevention Awareness for Weekend Warriors
- You Can Handle Anything with Health-Esteem
- Traditional Healing Meets Modern Science
- Why We Use Organic, Cold Pressed Oil
- From Stress to Bliss
- Pregnancy & Massage
- Which Diet Is Best – an Alkaline Diet or an Acidic Diet?
- Pregnancy The Third Trimester
- Grapefruit Diet - An Overview
- Herbal Dietary Supplements - Preparation and Usage
- Immune system remedies - fight low immunity naturally
- Treating Prostate Cancer with Vitamins and Minerals
- Herbal Medicine For Prostate - A Better Alternative Treatment
- Homeopathic Remedies For Prostate Enlargement
- Child Depression – Obesity: The Connection
- What is High Blood Pressure?
- Choose Your Sale !
- The Atkins Diet Theory
- Blood Pressure
- How To Do A Self Abhyanga
- Tips for Deciding on a Balanced Diet
- Useful Positive Attitude Tips
- CAUSES OF TEEN DEPRESSION
- Forever Living Products - About Us
- How to do a self abhyanga
- Oil Pulling and Oral Health
- CBD Topicals
- Colds and Flu
- Nutrition & Dietary Supplements
- Ant-Aging Products
- Herbal Supplements
- Bee Products
- Organic Cold Pressed Oils
- Weight Management
- Sexual Health
- Natural Remedies
- Women's Health
- Men's Health
- Mothers & Babies
- Sports Nutrition & Body Building
- Child Health
- Massage & Spa Treatments
- Skin Care
- Pet Health Products
- Personal Care
- Hair Care
- Combo Paks
- Health & Beauty Equipment
- Gift Ideas
- Forever Living Top Ten Products