Getting, and keeping yourself motivated for your fitness lifestyle is a wrestling match every enthusiast experiences at some time or another. Don't think about throwing in your towel; there are plenty of proven solutions, and they're closer than you think!
As a fitness consultant I do more than just instructing exercise sessions. I also integrate a variety of mind-conditioning tools which inspire, educate, and motivate each of my students. These instruments train the MIND so the students can then train their bodies. However, in today's fast-paced cosmetic-driven society there are too many fitness enthusiasts who approach their transformational quests without the right frame of mind, and this leads to failure.
To many of you it is no surprise that there really is a mind-body connection. So when I say solutions are closer than you think, I mean the answers are located between your ears; so listen carefully.
When the mind is conditioned (possessing the motivational power and knowledge that enables one to enthusiastically, and confidently, approach their exercise and eating programs) the body, over time, responds by manifesting its genetic potential; I refer to this as a re-engineering process.
Investing in yourself pays huge dividends
By becoming your own body engineer you literally re-engineer yourself from the inside out. So get yourself enthused because what I'm about to show you WORKS! And let's begin completing the following exercise step by step:
STEP 1: The first thing you MUST do is understand that it's imperative that you train your brain so you can train your body. A weak mind will equal a weak body, but a strong mind will build a healthy, lean, and vibrant body. Once you understand this first principle you are well on your way to re-engineering the way you look and feel, forever!
STEP 2: Everyday--and I literally mean EVERY day--you must write out your goals onto a piece of paper, such as "I want to lose four inches off my waist." If you have several goals, you must commit ALL of them to paper on a daily basis. Something biologically magical happens when the brain can generate a thought and have it record onto paper.
STEP 3: Everyday, after you write your goals down, you MUST read them out loud. Again, there's a phenomenon that occurs when you profess what you're wanting. Simply hoping to achieve a goal has no stimulating power. Stand up, assume the role of your own coach, and say aloud with conviction, "I am exercising to lose all this fat off my gut, and you know what, I'm making progress every day!"
STEP 4: How WILLING are you? Write out two lists; (1) itemize all of the things you need "to do" to obtain your goals, and (2) list all of the things you must "avoid." For example, "I need to take advantage of my health club membership," "I need to walk every morning," "need to cut out sugar."
STEP 5: Make a date with yourself: Treat yourself every week to one meal of your choice. Follow your fitness program as strictly as you can all week, then, let's say, on Saturday night, eat anything you want.
STEP 6: Seek wise advice from a personal trainer or other health/fitness authority who can assess your current status and guide you throughout your re-engineering process. If you cannot locate one, call the local health club for referrals.
STEP 7: Don't get discouraged. Everybody, even the pros, slip off track at times. As long as you become steadfast, always getting yourself back on track after being derailed, pat yourself on the back, lift your chin, and re-GO For IT all over again.
Remember that investing in your own health and fitness is investing in yourself, and pays huge dividends down the road. Put it in your head first, then watch your body mold into the image of your thoughts. I'm eager to learn of your progress!
John Abdo is a professor of fitness training and a former trainer of Olympic athletes. He's the author of Vital Living From the Inside Out, Body Engineering and Make Your Body a Fat-Burning Machine. John's the inventor of The AB-DOer, an award winning midsection aerobic machine that has millions of users worldwide. John's mission is to assist his students in becoming healthier, both mentally and physically. He believes that gaining internal health will automatically manifest greater appearance, lower levels of body fat, more productivity, and extended lifespan. To learn more about John Abdo please visit his website at johnabdo.com.
- About Us
- Business Opportunity - Start Today
- Index to Articles
- What is Oxidate Stress
- What is the Flu?
- Bee Propolis
- Four Fabulous New Products
- The Five Tibetan Rites
- My Simple Skin Care Routine
- Introducing Native Remedies
- It's Mind Over Matter
- Product Brochures & Catalogs
- Tips on Surviving Cancer
- Patrick Quillin - Beating Cancer With Nutrition
- Ten Tips for Starting a Walking Program
- Prevention Awareness for Weekend Warriors
- You Can Handle Anything with Health-Esteem
- Introducing Pet Alive
- Traditional Healing Meets Modern Science
- Crave-Rx Drops™ Testimonials
- Why We Use Organic, Cold Pressed Oil
- From Stress to Bliss
- Pregnancy & Massage
- Which Diet Is Best – an Alkaline Diet or an Acidic Diet?
- Pregnancy The Third Trimester
- Grapefruit Diet - An Overview
- Herbal Dietary Supplements - Preparation and Usage
- Immune system remedies - fight low immunity naturally
- Treating Prostate Cancer with Vitamins and Minerals
- Herbal Medicine For Prostate - A Better Alternative Treatment
- Homeopathic Remedies For Prostate Enlargement
- Child Depression – Obesity: The Connection
- What is High Blood Pressure?
- Choose Your Sale !
- The Atkins Diet Theory
- Blood Pressure
- How To Do A Self Abhyanga
- Tips for Deciding on a Balanced Diet
- Useful Positive Attitude Tips
- CAUSES OF TEEN DEPRESSION
- Forever Living Products - About Us
- How to do a self abhyanga
- Oil Pulling and Oral Health
- Nutrition & Dietary Supplements
- Ant-Aging Products
- Herbal Supplements
- Bee Products
- Organic Cold Pressed Oils
- Weight Management
- Sexual Health
- Natural Remedies
- Women's Health
- Men's Health
- Mothers & Babies
- Sports Nutrition & Body Building
- Child Health
- Massage & Spa Treatments
- Skin Care
- Pet Health Products
- Personal Care
- Hair Care
- Combo Paks
- Health & Beauty Equipment
- Gift Ideas
- Forever Living Top Ten Products